Peas and mint pesto is a delicious alternative to the traditional Genoese pesto, perfect to accompany pasta, rice or meat. Its preparation is simple and quick and can be stored in the fridge for several days, making it always convenient to have ready. Don’t wait any longer. Try this delicious recipe and surprise your friends and family with an original and tasty pesto!
Peas And Mint Pesto Recipe With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500 g of fresh or frozen peas
- One bunch of fresh mint
- Two cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring salted water to a boil and boil the fresh peas for about 3-5 minutes or the frozen peas for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Drain the peas and
- Let them cool.
- Add the bubbled peas, mint leaves, garlic, Parmesan and pine nuts in a blender or food processor. Mix until you get a velvety consistency.
- Continuously add the olive oil while mixing until the ideal consistency is accomplished. Taste and change salt and pepper if fundamental.
- Transfer the pesto to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. Pea Mint Pesto can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one.
- Notes: you can add a little lemon juice for a tangy note if you like.
Advice And Curiosities
- For a creamier texture, you can use a part of fresh cream or yogurt in the recipe.
- You can replace the Parmesan with vegetable cheese or chopped walnuts for a vegan version.
- For a low-carb version, radicchio or escarole can be used instead of pasta.
- Peas and mint pesto are also excellent as a condiment for meat or fish or as a base for bruschetta.
- To keep the pesto longer, add olive oil to the surface before putting it in the fridge. In this way, a protective barrier against oxygen will form, slowing down the pesto’s degradation.
- You can likewise freeze pesto in an impenetrable compartment for as long as 90 days. You can continuously have a serving prepared to utilize.
Which Dishes Should You Pair Peas And Mint Pesto With Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
- Pea and Mint Pesto Pasta: To make this recipe, cook your favorite pasta in plenty of salted water. Drain and dress with the warm pea and mint pesto. Add a little grated Parmesan and a grind of black pepper.
- Rice with peas and mint pesto: To make this recipe, cook the rice in plenty of salted water. Drain and dress with the warm pea and mint pesto. Add a little grated Parmesan and a grind of black pepper.
- Fish with pea and mint pesto: For this recipe, marinate your chosen fish (for example, salmon or sea bass) with the pea and mint pesto, lemon and some minced garlic. It is served hot with pea and mint pesto as a condiment.
- Chicken with Pea Mint Pesto: For this recipe, marinate the chicken slices with the Pea Mint Pesto, lemon and some minced garlic. Cook in a pan or oven until the chicken is cooked through. It is served hot with pea and mint pesto as a condiment.
- Bruschetta with pea and mint pesto: For this recipe, toast some slices of bread and spread them with the pea and mint pesto. Add some chopped tomatoes, a little grated cheese and a grind of black pepper. It serves hot as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to meat or fish.