Why Does Men’s Skin Need Specific Care?
Male skin differs from that of women and requires special care, which is adapted to it. Indeed, it is characterized by:
- About 20% thicker than women.
- Increased sebum production. But it should not be categorized as oily because men can also have combination or dry skin.
- A more developed hair system.
- Increased sensitivity from repeated shaving. The skin then more easily shows redness or irritation after shaving.
- A greater risk of developing ingrown hairs: these are the hairs that grow under the skin and cause small pimples, discomfort, and the urge to scratch.
It will therefore be necessary to favor treatments that moisturize and protect the epidermis while:
- regulating sebum production
- soothing redness and small irritations,
- Limiting ingrown hairs.
The Three Natural Products Perfectly Adapted To Male Skin
Do you want to care for your skin and opt for organic and natural products? Here are three products you absolutely must have on hand:
Jojoba Vegetable Oil
It is more of a wax whose composition is similar to the sebum naturally secreted by the sebaceous glands. Once applied to your face, this oil maintains the epidermis’s hydration level and allows your skin to regulate its sebum secretion. Jojoba oil is thus balancing and protective: it can replace your day cream. Do not hesitate to test it because it is easy to apply: massage a few drops on the face, and it does not leave a greasy feeling.
Aloe Vera Gel
It is a must in natural cosmetic care, found in many products. It is particularly suitable for male skin, and here is why. Aloe vera gel contains many compounds that justify its indications:
- Minerals (calcium, chlorine, copper, chromium, iron, zinc, lithium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus) and vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12) which make it a prime candidate for maintaining hydration of your skin.
- Trace elements and enzymes with soothing and therapeutic properties are ideal for shaving discomfort.
- Salicylic acid allows a gentle exfoliating action, particularly sought after, to avoid hair under the skin.
Since Aloe vera juice is very liquid, it is offered as a gel to be more easily used. This texture is all the more appreciated because it penetrates quickly. If, however, you feel a slight “tightness” after application, this is due to the thickening algae in which the aloe vera juice is incorporated. Then tap and gently massage your face when the gel is dry, and this feeling will disappear. Use it rather in the evening in small quantities, and if you have sensitive skin, space out the applications (every other evening or only twice a week).
It can be used both as an aftershave and a toner, a real treat for the senses. This refreshing hydrosol is a pleasant aftershave to reduce redness and soothe razor burn. Spray it on a handkerchief or washable wipe, then dab your rinsed face right after shaving. You can apply it to red and irritated areas to soothe small skin discomforts. Then apply a few drops of hemp oil to complete its soothing action. The toning action of peppermint hydrosol also helps tighten pores: it can also be used as a tonic in the morning.
Your Complete Facial Care Routine For Men
If you have combination or oily skin, eliminate excess sebum by cleansing your face with a cold saponified surgeries soap, such as Hemp & Macadamia soap or Tamanu & Tea tree soap, if your skin is prone to pimples or imperfections. For normal to dry skin, skip to the next step.
- Tone your skin by passing a cotton ball-soaked peppermint hydrosol over your face.
- Then, heat a few drops of Jojoba oil in the palm of your hand, then massage your face until completely absorbed.
Cleanse your face with cold saponified soap to gently remove dirt and excess sebum from the surface of your skin. Dry your face with a soft towel, then pass a cotton ball soaked in peppermint hydrosol. On your still-moistened skin, apply a dab of aloe vera gel.
Once a week, after cleansing your face, exfoliate with the acai powder exfoliating balm, followed by a clay mask such as the radiance mask. This allows for deep cleansing and normalization of sebum secretion. This routine offers basic care that may need to be adjusted with other products according to individual needs. Also, be careful with the “Men” ranges which are often too aggressive, caustic, and irritating due to the presence of drying and purifying ingredients.